The unwind direction specifies how label rolls are produced so that labels face the correct direction during label application. While unwind direction is not crucial for hand-applied labels, it is critical for machine-applied labels. If the unwind direction is incorrect, label application machines may dispense labels upside down on containers.
To ensure correct label application, it's essential to provide us with the correct unwind direction. Please refer to your label application machine or barcode printer user manual for this information. Providing accurate unwind direction specifications can help avoid label application errors and save time and money.
8 Unwind Directions
There are eight possible unwind directions for label rolls, with four having labels facing outside and the other four having labels facing inside. When placing an order, specify the corresponding number for the desired unwind direction based on the diagram provided.
1) Labels face OUTSIDE, BOTTOM of copy dispenses first
2) Labels face OUTSIDE, TOP of copy dispenses first
3) Labels face OUTSIDE, LEFT of copy dispenses first
4) Labels face OUTSIDE, RIGHT of copy dispenses first
5) Labels face INSIDE, BOTTOM of copy dispenses first
6) Labels face INSIDE, TOP of copy dispenses first
7) Labels face INSIDE, LEFT of copy dispenses first
8) Labels face INSIDE, RIGHT of copy dispenses first